All righty-o here we go:
Oven-Roasted Zucchini Pizza Bites
These fun, simple, and 'bite-sized pizzas' are not only convenient for time, but conveniently healthy & delicious! The longest part of making a pizza is making the darn dough, and while I have days where I love spending the whole day kneading and waiting for it to rise, there are times when I just want pizza for a snack! I was inspired to make these just by a picture I saw of them someplace on the 'blogosphere' (gosh never thought I would actually use that term), original credit unknown.

WHAT YOU NEED:
1 Zucchini
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce (or your pizza sauce of choice)
1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzerella (or slices of mozzerella equivelant to slices of zucchini, if you prefer [it's definitely creamier and my personal preference ;).])
WHAT TO DO:
Pre-heat oven to 350
Slice zucchini into 1/4"-1/2" pieces (I recommend a mandolin for consistancy)
Paint the olive oil across the bottoms of your zucchini 'crusts'
Dollop 1TB sauce chosen on each crust
Add cheese to each slice
Bake on cookie sheet for 9-12 min.

Cool, pop in mouth, savour. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment