Friday, March 30, 2012

Leftovers Pizza

Two nights ago I took myself to dinner at a local Indian/Thai cuisine restaurant called Full Moon Cafe. I enjoyed a mildly spicy Green Curry that comprised of broccoli, zucchini, green beans, carrots, onions, tofu, and basil all nestled among a creamy green curry sauce. The curry paired nicely with the side of Jasmine rice as a relief from the heat. Though delicious, I was unable to eat the full portion and had my leftovers saved in a take out box for perhaps my lunch the next day.

Last night, I was digging through my fridge for an idea of what to make for dinner. I saw the little white carton sitting lonely on the top shelf, but wasn't craving the same dinner as the night before. Still, I hate wasting edible food and so I pulled the leftovers out to re-heat. As I reached for the box, I saw beneath it, laying silently below were flour tortilla wraps. I grabbed them as well. My creative neurons activated, I began shuffling through various jars and condiments for ideas. The result, an idea for leftovers pizza.



Ingredients:
Two large flour tortillas
Last night's dinner
1 cup Shredded cheese of choice (I used swiss and cheddar)
1/2 cup Pasta/pizza sauce of choice

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350°
Assemble pizzas: 1/4 cup sauce, 1/2 cup cheese, top with left overs
Cook in oven for 7 minutes
Remove, let cool, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment